Its only been a few days since 1.02 was released, but I think I've gotten enough feed back to push out a quick 1.03 update. The improved landscape and SSL support should make the application much more usable and I saw no reason to sit on it. Expect 1.03 by the end of the week.
The full changelog below. I am also going to update the FAQ to clarify that 1.03 supports self signed certificates.
1. Self signed SSL certificates now work
2. removed non public API used
3. improved xmpp support
4. message send failure is treated as a disconnection and handled automatically
5. navigation bar and status bar now disappear in landscape mode
6. scroll to the newest message when first going into a chat now
7. adjusted brightness of icon so it isnt so dark