Sorry for the lack of updates in the past few months. 1.02 is currently being developed. This should be a fairly big update that addresses many of the issues that were raised with 1.01. I am working hard on improving the XMPP protocol underneath in addition to the presentation. In particular, Im trying to improve the compatibility (more servers, more authentication methods) and eliminate crashing bugs. Here is the current change log. This will grow as I have a rather large list of things to fix before the next update, hopefully it will be worth it.
1. Faster click response on buddy list
2. added an arrow to show buddies are clickable in chat log
3. added blue arrows to see expanded status message and other details of buddies in buddylist
4. "away" users are greyed out
5. built with OS 2.2.1 as the base for ipod touch compatibility
6. can delete conversation logs for budddies
7. xmpp protocol handling more efficient
8. new notification engine, much faster loading, more responsive UI and lower CPU usage/better battery life
9. new in application account manager
10. Landscape mode for chats.